Do you foresee problems paying your rent? If so, please inform us of this as quickly as possible. You can reach us via our client portal ‘Mijn Vesteda’ or by email at email@example.com. We can then take a look at your options together:
- In the case of temporary payment problems, we can often reach a payment arrangement.
- In case of more structural payment problems, we can help you to find a home that is better suited to your current financial situation.
- If a conversation does not lead to a solution and your payment arrears are more than 30 days, we must report your payment arrears to your municipality from 1 January 2021. The municipality will then invite you for a discussion about debt counseling.
From 1 January 2021, the "Wijziging van de Wet gemeentelijke schuldhulpverlening" will come into effect. This amendment is intended to prevent a starting debt or rent arrears from growing into a problematic debt. In concrete terms, this amendment means that we - in case of rent arrears of more than 30 days - must transfer your contact details and the amount of the rent arrears to the municipality. The municipality will invite you for an interview. This will temporarily stop our collection procedure. Of course your data will not be transferred just like that. The following steps were taken beforehand:
- personal contact has been sought with you about the options for ending and preventing payment arrears;
- you have been made aware of the possibilities for debt counseling;
- you have received at least one written reminder;
- you have offered to submit your contact details and rent arrears to your municipality and you have not responded against this.
If you object to informing the municipality, the early identification process will stop and the normal collection procedure will continue.
More information (in Dutch)?
Vragen en antwoorden wijziging wet Gemeentelijke Schuldhulpverlening (Rijksoverheid)
Vragen en antwoorden wijziging wet Gemeentelijke Schuldhulpverlening (VNG)