Ga naar het hoofdmenu Ga naar de inhoud
  1. Home
  2. Client
  3. Service and Contact
  4. My rent

My rent and rental contract


my rental contract


my rent


my rental contract

My rent and rental contract

Some situations require you to change or terminate your rental contract. Or would you like to pay your rent today? Take care of it immediately.

Log into My Vesteda (NL)

My (rental) contact

FAQ's about your rental contract

I will be moving out but my current co-tenant wants to continue renting the property. What should I do?

When one of the tenants remains in the property, you can submit a request for unilateral termination of the rent. Both tenants need to sign this request. We will then assess the details of the tenant wishing to stay. We will need a copy of a form of identification and three payslips. If our assessment shows that the remaining tenant is able to pay the rent, we will amend the rental contract.

Log into My Vesteda (NL)

I need to inform you that my partner has passed away. How should I do this?

First of all, we would like to offer our condolences on the loss of your partner or loved one. We wish you much strength during this difficult time.

Has your partner passed away? Would you please inform us via My Vesteda? Then we will be aware of your loss and we will adjust our administration. This also prevents that we send mail or e-mails to your deceased partner of loved one.

  • If your partner was the main tenant and you are listed as a co-tenant on the tenancy agreement, then contractually you will automatically become the main tenant.
  • If you were the main tenant and your partner was a co-tenant, then you remain the main tenant. Your partner's name will lapse by operation of law in the amended lease.

Has another loved one died? There are several ways to terminate the lease.

  • If your loved one was the only tenant, then the lease will be terminated via notice after one month. You can easily terminate the lease through the My Vesteda online customer portal.
  • If you do not have access to your deceased loved one's personal My Vesteda account, you can also terminate the lease via email or registered mail. You can send the form on this page to and by registered mail to: Vesteda, PO Box 75675, 1070 AR AMSTERDAM. Include the address of the property from which you wish to terminate the lease, your contact information (or the information of another contact person), the termination date (subject to one month's notice) and your signature. Do you also want to include a copy of the Deed of Death?
  • If the lease is not terminated, it ends by operation of law at the end of the second full calendar month after the death.

Any heirs assume all rights and obligations from the lease. If there are no heirs or if the inheritance is accepted or rejected, then the lease ends by operation of law at the end of the second full calendar month after death. The contents are then temporarily stored so that the property can be re-rented.

Form Lease Termination

How can I pay the monthly rent?

With direct debit, it is easy to pay the correct rent each month on time without having to think about it.

You receive an authorization form with your rental contract. Or just log into My Vesteda (NL) and do this online.


How should I inform you that my marriage or registered partnership has ended?

Getting a divorce or ending a registered partnership?

Please submit a request to change your rental contract via My Vesteda or call us directly at +31 (0)88 456 16 56.

Log into My Vesteda (NL)

I want to get a landlord statement. How do I apply for one?

Does your new landlord ask for a landlord statement?

You can request this statement quickly and easily via My Vesteda.
Log in and click on the contact block.  Create a new contact request and then select ‘tenancy agreement’ and then select ' request landlord statement'. We will gladly provide it!

I'd like to add a co-tenant to my rental contract. How can I arrange this?

Planning to live together with your partner? Submit a request via Mijn Vesteda to add him or her to the contract. See what documents are required to apply for co-tenancy. In the case of marriage or registered partnership, your partner is automatically considered to be the co-tenant. You only have to send us his or her details. Different rules apply for housing-sharers not in a relationship.

Log into My Vesteda (NL)

Would you as a relative like to assist with the termination of the rental agreement?

You can easily cancel the rental contract with via the online customer portal My Vesteda. Does the tenant not have access to My Vesteda? You can also cancel the rent in writing by sending the cancellation by registered mail to:
P.O. Box 75675

You can also send an e-mail to:
Please include in your e-mail: your current address, your future address, your contact information, the desired termination date and your signature.

If you are with two persons on the rental contract, we need two signatures to process your request.