First of all, we would like to offer our condolences on the loss of your partner or loved one. We wish you much strength during this difficult time.
Has your partner passed away? Would you please inform us via My Vesteda? Then we will be aware of your loss and we will adjust our administration. This also prevents that we send mail or e-mails to your deceased partner of loved one.
- If your partner was the main tenant and you are listed as a co-tenant on the tenancy agreement, then contractually you will automatically become the main tenant.
- If you were the main tenant and your partner was a co-tenant, then you remain the main tenant. Your partner's name will lapse by operation of law in the amended lease.
Has another loved one died? There are several ways to terminate the lease.
- If your loved one was the only tenant, then the lease will be terminated via notice after one month. You can easily terminate the lease through the My Vesteda online customer portal.
- If you do not have access to your deceased loved one's personal My Vesteda account, you can also terminate the lease via email or registered mail. You can send the form on this page to email@example.com and by registered mail to: Vesteda, PO Box 75675, 1070 AR AMSTERDAM. Include the address of the property from which you wish to terminate the lease, your contact information (or the information of another contact person), the termination date (subject to one month's notice) and your signature. Do you also want to include a copy of the Deed of Death?
- If the lease is not terminated, it ends by operation of law at the end of the second full calendar month after the death.
Any heirs assume all rights and obligations from the lease. If there are no heirs or if the inheritance is accepted or rejected, then the lease ends by operation of law at the end of the second full calendar month after death. The contents are then temporarily stored so that the property can be re-rented.