Terminating your rental contract
Want to terminate your rental contract?
It is simple to do this online via My Vesteda.
Does one of the tenants wish to remain living in the property? Read here what you must do.
Good to know
- The notice period is at least one month.
- If you give notice of termination of the tenancy on the 15th of the month, we will try to schedule a final inspection for precisely one month later. You will then hand in the keys to us on the 15th of the following month. You can give notice of termination of the tenancy up to three months before the final date.
- Due to our schedule, the final termination date (last rental day) may differ from your preference by a few days.
- You are required to pay rent up until the final day of renting. This has to be a weekday.
- During a preliminary or final inspection, we check that the property is delivered by you as agreed. If this is not the case, we may charge you costs.
- Your security deposit will automatically be refunded to the account number known to us eight weeks after your last rental day.
- At the end of the calendar year of your lease termination, you will receive another statement of service costs.
- If you give permission for viewing in occupied condition, you can offer the items you want to leave behind to the next tenant.
Frequently asked questions
About the termination of the lease contract